Muzik Mono Magazine. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tagged under: , , , , , ,

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Will Sid Smith


We have talked with the young british pop sensation WILL SID SMITH.
Will is a singer/songwriter from Tunbridge Wells in England who plays guitar and keyboards nad his EP titled “We Are Living” contains 6 songs in vein of Brit Pop, Rock and Indie. The digital release is now available on every worldwide webstores, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Deezer, Google Music, Nokia, Emusic..


Hi Will, let's talk about "We Are Living", your debut EP. 
        
1. You are a very young artist, as you started your career?  
I am still young but it seems like I've already done a lot. I started writing songs and playing live gigs when I was 14.  At first just open mic nights then the gigs got bigger later on. I always dreamed of going on tour when I was a young teenager so I started to play wherever I could, hoping one day I'd be able to. 
                                                                                              
2. What is the genre of your sound?
I usually describe it as acoustic pop rock to people who haven't heard it but it can also be described as melodic pop since melody is very important to me. Some songs could also be described as alternative pop or acoustic pop-punk, I don't want to be fixed into one genre.  If people like melody and lyrics, they'll like my songs I guess

3. What is the source of inspiration for the lyrics? 
The lyrics in my songs are usually drawn from my own experiences.  They can be about love, friends, family, school, growing up, even moving house.  Any experience that makes you feel something is worth writing about.



5. What are the reasons by which you decide to sign a deal with Nerocromo Music and Brit Beat Records?
They gave me the freedom to choose which songs to record, which many artists don't get.  They also allowed me to record and produce the tracks myself.  Both of these things are important to me and when they add their ability to market and promote the songs I couldn't refuse!

6. Are you working with the soundtrack of a movie? tell us something about this!
Yes! The movie is a short musical drama called DMUS and it is about a group of young, aspiring performers wanting to pursue their dreams.  It features two songs from my first EP "29", Urban Country and Tonight.  My recording of Urban Country plays over the end credits but Tonight is the theme song of the movie.  The cast performed their own version of Tonight over my original music.  To see them singing it in the movie was something I never thought would happen so it was a great experience.



7. Your album, now in the digital market, will be promoted in international media, what are your expectations? 
I hope to gain much wider international exposure, more followers and supporters of my music and hopefully that will lead to more opportunities in the future as well. I expect only positive things to come from this release.

8. To promote the record are you planning a live tour?
I would love to do that, it would be a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, I don't really have the funding to do it right now.  Also right now I need to focus on my studies at University but hopefully touring won't be too far away.

9. Have you played in some important festivals in the past?
I've played a lot of small festivals in England but none of the famous ones yet.  I will be playing at Helstonbury Festival in Cornwall in September though.

10. I would like to have your own point of view about the poor sales of the CD's, it's caused by the internet? technological development? 
Definitely.  Most people can get the internet on their phones and store music there or on their ipod or computer so why buy physical CD's?  I also think the fact that everything can be found on YouTube or Spotify and streamed for free is harmful to the industry.

11. So how was the approach in the recording of "We Are Living" ?
Each song has an acoustic element, either guitar or piano, so I began by recording these instruments in my studio at University.  After that I recorded the lead vocals.  The facilities and equipment where I study are incredibly high-end and professional with the added bouns of being free for me to use!
Once these were done it was simply a matter of many hours of additional composition and mixing.  Although  it was a lot of hard work I had so much fun doing it!  It was important for me to make each song fairly different from one another in terms of style.  It will be interesting to find out what styles listeners  prefer. I am in a place now where experimentation is rewarded so I want to take as much advantage as possible.  I hope I always get this much creative freedom in the future.

Thanks for your really interesting questions. Peace!

Thanks to you Will, we wish you a great success in the music business!!


Links
http://www.willsidsmith.com
http://www.facebook.com/willsidsmith
http://www.twitter.com/willsidsmith

Label: http://music.nerocromo.com
Press Office: http://dvlgator.nlz.it


0 comments:

Post a Comment